Monday, September 14, 2009

In praise of the slow cooker

I must confess that I am so in love with my slow cooker. I love everything about it. I love doing all the work in the morning - not that there is too much work to do really, it's so simple to use. I love the results at the end of the day. I love the fact that the boys love the food made in the slow cooker and really eat well at those dinner times.



Yesterday I made a beef and red wine stew. I loaded it with onion, carrots and peas. What a miracle, eight hours later, and a perfect meal is served. The house was filled with the divine aroma, and we were all starving by the time it was dished up, just with plain rice and a matching red wine.




What I also like to do is to cook roast cuts (although definitely not pork with the crackling still on) in the slow cooker while I am at work in winter. By the time we all get home the house is just full of the aroma, and the meat falls off the bone and is so tender. It's a great invention, and I am thrilled to have one, couldn't recommend it higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment