Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Lunch with the Aunts & Uncles.

A few weeks ago we all caught up at Mum & Dad's for a lunch with most of Dad's siblings. The family came out to Australia from Holland over 50 years ago, post WW2. They initially stayed at the Bonegilla Migrant camp (apparently the kids enjoyed in way more than my grandparents,) and then the family eventually settled in Creswick.



Aunty Anne, Uncle Peter, Aunty Wendy, Uncle Ken(standing), Aunty Jan, Dad(standing) & Uncle Matt


It is amazing what parents will do to ensure a better future for their children. I cannot imagine gathering the family, jumping on a boat and setting off into the great unknwon, to a place where there are no other relatives or friends. It is exceedingly brave. I wonder if I had to - would I be that brave. I hope so. I hope I never have to find out.


No comments:

Post a Comment