Saturday, July 3, 2010

Turkish Delight Cheesecake - thanks David xx

Firstly - I must acknowledge the people who shared this recipe with me, for I fear that if I don't my darling friends David & Liana may take vengeance on me (which may actually be great fun - love them to Turkish Delight bits!) Thanks guys for giving me your recipe, although I would have preferred for you (ie. David!) to make me the cheesecake for me, as is our usual custom x


Tah Dah! The Turkish Delight Cheesecake.

We have a very special day planned for tomorrow - a big briard party!! It will be held at Kate's home in Bunyip & we are expecting around 28 people & 11 briards. Everyone is bringing a dish or two to share - I am bringing a green salad, garlic vinaigrette dressing & of course, my copy of David & Liana's Turkish Delight Cheesecake.



Taken from "A Briard Celebration - Recipe Book" - note David & Liana's boy briard Oscar looking gorgeous!

The Recipe.

Ingredients:
250gm plain biscuits, crushed to resemble breadcrumbs
150gm butter, melted
3 tsps gelatine powder
1/4 cup boiling water
375gm packaged cream cheese, softened
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup caster sugar
300ml thickened cream
3 x Frys/Cadburys Turkish Delight bars finely chopped
1 x Frys/Cadburys Turkish Delight bars finely chopped (for decoration)

Method:
Line the base of a 24cm spring form cake pan with kitchen foil. Combine the crushed biscuits & melted butter & press this mixture evenly over the base & sides of the tin. Cover with food wrap & refrigerate for an hour. In a cup place the boiling water & sprinkle the gelatine over the top: stir until dissolved, then leave to cool. Using an electric mixer & a small bowl beat the cream cheese, vanilla essence & sugar together until smooth. In a separate bowl, beat the cream until it forms soft peaks. Stir the gelatine mixture into the cheese mixture, add the Turkish Delight & fold in the cream. Pour the mixture into the prepared biscuit base & refrigerate until set. Decorate with the extra Turkish Delight.



1 comment: